hiya folks.
I don't have much time to write or much to post except for something that i think is very important. This post is spurred from watching a friend dear to me wonder and worry. not that my philosophy is anything great but... it suits my fancy i guess.
life is fluid, you can't plan your life out; the best you can do is have hopes and dreams and go with the flow when things get in the way. If I had followed my plan when I was in high school, i would be living in my home town married, doing god only knows what... I don't know if i would be pursuing my masters degree or if it would be in the field that i am in now.
If i followed the plan i had throughout college, I would be working as a pharm. rep. making lots of dough and spending a lot of time in my car by myself, in fancy rest., and kissing doctor's bums.. now tell me do you think i would be happy? Probably not..
if my life would have gone as planned my senior year of college, i'd be in australia. I don't know what i would be doing if anything but bumming around. I might be traveling the world..
But none of those plans worked out and i'm fortunate enough to sit here and say they were all for the best. I know sometimes life throws you curve balls, puts you in a rut, or even may totally bring you down for a few, but then again life also throws pleasant surprises, wonderful moments, and puts big smiles on your face.
Therefore, what do you do with all of it? you "grin and bare it" so to speak. life is fluid and life is changing. The only thing constant about life is that nothing stays the same. I try to look back and say "that is where i was and that was great at the time and this is where i am now and for me this is even better" but sometimes it may not be better and that's when you just plug away and find things that may make it better.
we can't plan our lives all we can do is ride the rollercoaster through its ups and downs. i just hope you all experience more ups than downs....
hang in there--trust me everything truly does work out and everything happens for a reason. We are all stronger people because of our past struggles... and i wouldn't change any of mine for the world.
that is what i'm leaving you with this friday. have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment