spring has sprung

Saturday, January 07, 2006

The beginnings end. Start of a new year


I swore I was going to stay away from this today but
after reading 100 pages of "A Million Little Pieces" and
trying to write an essay about services to reach children
of poverty in our public school systems I needed a break.


1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Almost completed training for a marathon, started trail running.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well I guess I kept last year's resolution considering I didn't make a single one... I haven't made them for a while.
Yes, I am making a bunch for this year- to try to have more patience, start cooking my own food more, eat more organic food, take better care of myself (drink more water, get more sleep, slow down when needed)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes! Tami, an old coworker, had another beautiful baby. I haven't talked to her in a long time!
My cuz Kelly had a beautiful baby girl- i saw for the first time at xmas!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no, thank god. and i hope no one ever does. is that unrealistic?

5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in the U.S. this year.. :(
but I did see most of Colorado and some of the surrounding states..

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
smaller love handles : )

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
why is it soo difficult to remember 2005? my sister and I sharing a studio apt. for 1 1/2 weeks!
**the 5 person canoe trip down the colorado river, bluegrass festival, and camping!**
Trips to: durango, moab, omaha, wichita

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Almost running my marathon -- I was sooo close.... till that darn incident.
Teaching young children with Autism.

9. What was your biggest failure? failures? i dont fail! I just keep trying!
Probably getting frustrated with little things beyond my control-

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sure did.... i swear I have never been sicker than I was last year. Once in Feb, one more time in May- didn't get out of bed or have a voice for 5 days, missed like 6 days of work, and then again this summer-a weekend of fainting spells- found out it was due to my May cold and asthma...
broken foot in august, surgery in december...

11. What was the best thing you bought? my jetta-technically that was the year before but it counts- close enough

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My sister who is soooo brave!!!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I dunno... Well I do know but I'm not going to bring it up for the sake of others that are near and dear to me.

14. Where did most of your money go?
What money? I made money last year? A good bit went to my car and school... It was a poor year..

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The H-L girls winning their first championship
all the huge strides the kiddos made at the center!

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
There will be a lot but probably most will be the song "had a bad day" can't remember who it is by.. I'd say no in-state tuition, the bug infested building, car accident, broken foot, apt. breakin and stolen car, and surgery makes for a pretty tough year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? This year def. was stressful but I wouldn't say I was sadder... You have to find laughter in everyday and I think I still managed to do that.
II. thinner or fatter? not sure actually.. i don't think either..
II. richer or poorer? poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? took time for myself, talked to my family on a more regular basis

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? working- i made no time for myself, family, and friends the first half of last year, i did better the second half.

20. How did you spend Christmas? In NY where I spend every xmas!! Movies with both grandmas, lunch with grandparents, playing with my nephew, shopping with my sis, dinner outtings with mom, dad, and ashers!

pic is of me 3 years ago in Byron Bay, Aus. "I'll be back there again someday"

1 comment:

Melissa said...

good answers heath! man, you really had a hell of a year! i wish you teh best this year! muah! hope to see you in dallas soon!