So folks, I've come to the realization that I've been in denial about my foot for quite some time now.. It isn't getting better, it is getting worse. The physical symptoms oddly enough aren't really showing it but I now have this shooting pain up my leg when I step down on my foot when I attempt to run. I feel it may have something to do with Friday's 7 mile run.. The last 12 min. Of my run I just cranked up the volume on my mp3 player and pretended the throb in my foot wasn't there.
I've tried to pretend my runs are hindering from other things but they really aren't... SOOOO what does all this mean. It means I need to get my butt back in the gym and get my strength up. I've been neglecting that area, actually I haven't done any strength training really since I broke it back in August--sooo it has been almost a year since i've been on a consistent program. I am the weakest I ever remember being right now... I have decided that there will be no long runs until... I get my strength back up. I'm starting with 1-3 miles and working on time and I'm scaling running back to about 4 days a week, maybe 5...
I am hoping to still do the steamboat half but I am no longer concerned about my time in it. That will come at a later date--don't worry Daniel- I haven't put away the idea of beating you, I'm just prolonging it so that when I do, I can do it even better! haha..
I won't be satisfied until i'm running a 7-8 minute mile again. In all reality, I won't truly be happy until I am running a 6:30-7min. mile again but that is going to take some time. My record on one mile is 6:20, 3 mile is 20:26, 8 mile is about 60 min. Therefore, I've got some work and it is going to take a bunch of time but right now my goal is to get down to an 8 min. mile pace on 3 miles w/i 3 weeks then i'll work on the rest!
toodles, i'm off to pack, do laundry, and maybe finish moving! OH and I forgot- Liss you'll be happy with this- I think Amy and I found a place to take boxing lessons! yeah, now I tell ya what that kicked my ass three years ago when I was in shape... i'm gonna get a beating!
H
No comments:
Post a Comment