Wow, it feels like it has been ages since I last posted, but really it doesn't appear to have been. All in all, I haven't had much to report really. My life has consisted of sleep, work, maybe workout, meeting, work, and go to bed. Its been a little better lately, but this week really has just accumulated a messy office and piles everywhere! It is horrible.
Anyway, not much is new with me really. I haven't felt the best lately and we are trying to get to the root of the problem... it has been interesting...
I went dairy free for 7 days- was supposed to 10 days but didn't quite make it. Thanksgiving fell in there and ya know, I lost all control. Then upon return to Colorado, I started to be good again and hung in there wheat, barley, and rye free for about 11 days..bummer didn't make my 15! I'm not sure if any of it has helped or not- I felt that I had more energy when I went wheat free, my asthma seemed a bit better when I went dairy free. So.. I guess that means I'm headed back to my doctor to get the scratch test and check out allergies. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was in high school but literally used my inhaler 2 weeks out of the year, once in the fall when it got cold, and once in the spring when it got warm. Now, it is every time I work out and most days of the week... I don't think that is so great!
What else.... my racing season is technically over- you would have NEVER known I raced less than 2 months ago, as I feel like I don't have much speed and just make it through 5-6 miles. I've got to get motivated again. For some reason my excitement about the bike has diminished has I feel like I get less and less time on it- not to mention it is nearly impossible to get myself motivated to jump on the rollers or trainer.... Anyway, running has been going better. I seem to do well in the morning but the evening is rather difficult for me.. I'm working on that motivation so if anyone has any ideas!
As for my first year of work- I absolutely LOVE Fountain Fort Carson. It is sooo much better than my previous employing district. I feel so supported, and also don't feel the unethical pressure that I did last year. My supervisor is amazing and I am learning oh so much! That doesn't go without stating that the learning curve is tiring and this year has had its challenges. Nonetheless, it is nice to be in a place that I believe in and enjoy going to!
I think that is about it. I'm going to give racing my bike a shot this year and race.. I'm headed to Tucson for a training camp- the average daily mileage is 100 but i, must to my dismay, won't be putting in such miles.... So, I just have to work my way up and get strong again. Okay, I brought a pile of work home to get done so.. I must get moving.
Happy Holidays :)
No comments:
Post a Comment