Awwwhhh Summer :) I love the summer! Anyway, I have to admit I copied this post from my friend Tami's blog just because it really made me think. So much has gone on in my life in the last 4 years since I moved to Colorado. The number one thing is of course, meeting Daniel! However, I've changed several jobs, graduated graduate school and moved about a dozen times.. It has been crazy. In passing, I've met several people that have come in and out, some have stayed and I am most grateful for that. Lots have been with me through the not so easy times! It is just so interesting reflecting on where I've been, what i've done, and what I dream about for the future!
What were you doing a decade ago?
10 years ago, I was in high school and loving life. I was a junior- playing soccer in the fall, skiing and ice hockey in the winter, and lacrosse spring & summer. I was prepping for college, I loved it. I was getting excited about independence and what the future had in store for me. I was definitely transitioning and with every transition you learn new things about yourself. I remember I was asking myself a lot of questions, as to whether Penn Yan was the place for me to stay, what I wanted to do as a career, was i satisfied not knowing what was out there etc; BUT, most of all I was enjoying my friends and family in a small town, on the lake, and at the box rink! I was hanging out with life-long friends. I think it was the year before senioritis set in, before really worrying about college and a career set in, before worrying about finances--it was a carefree year!
5 things on my to do list:
1. travel abroad again
2. scrapbook more- get back in touch with my creative side
3. become more involved with autism and its awareness
4. start my own business
5. learn to be organized enough to actually finish every project that I start.
5 Places that I have lived:
1. Bluff Point, NY (where I grew up)
2. Erie, PA
3. Brisbane, Australia
4. Denver, Colorado
5. Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 Jobs that I have had:
1. check out girl at a local fruit stand
2. Autism Teacher- toddlers and school prep
3. field worker (de-tassling corn- that lasted all but 2 weeks)
4. Coach
5. Para Educator (worked with special needs kids)
5 things people don't know about me
1. I LOVED growing up in the country and having not a worry in the world!
2. I was a mischievous, hyperactive, kid in middle school-equaled lots of detentions for talking and tardiness
3. I've been sky diving
4. I am ultra competitive when it comes to physical activities, even if I know your light years ahead of me!
5. I enjoy getting dressed up and going to fancy functions (even though I'm usually found in workout clothes with my hair up)!
No comments:
Post a Comment