what a Zenful place... is zenful a word? I don't think so, but nonetheless I'm using it!
I'm blogging today only because I want to get the music line-up on the blog so I can get rid of another floating paper. I promise, I will commit more time to my blog next week with added pictures from Taos, D's family visit, etc!
It has been a crazy busy month. First off, my grandmother has been in the hospital for nearly two weeks, its been scary. It is hard for her as this is the first hospitalization she has had w/o my grandfather being there to support her. I wish I could be home more to offer support as well. I know my cuz, J, my sis, and my parents are offering as much as they can. I just would think that it would be so awful difficult. Please keep her in your thoughts through such a time!
Other than that, I cannot believe that it is July already, can you? Holy cow, where does time fly. I remember the days when I was sitting around wishing time would move faster. Now I can't slow it down for the life of me. Time is of the essence!
Okay so, finally a trip for D and I... it has been a while. I traveled with a club lacrosse team, team 180 most of June... NJ, Vail, and then with my lacrosse team to Breckenridge. I think over a two week time span, I spent 4 days at home, maybe! Crazy..
So now Taos, what a neat little town. D and I headed down there for the Solar Music Fest. with some friends, that I met through D12 last year working! We stayed in a nice little adobe style house! Friday we hit up the music festival scene- Music was good on Friday- particularly Sharon Gilchrist and the BoDeans!
Saturday we hit up the South Boundry Mountain bike trail! I have to say I did really enjoy myself. The first hour was all climbing, up to I believe 10,000 ft or so... views from the top were beautiful! then we headed into an Aspen Meadow (pics soon) trying to outrun a storm, i put the "pedal to the metal" so to speak! Well, I think D was still a little anxious behind me, wanting to move at a slightly faster pace, but for me it was good! the downhill section at the end was a bit technical... I made it out of there with some bruises! oh well.. you'll have that I guess. however, I tried to ride more than i probably should have and at least felt good about that! We hit the music festival up that evening and were slightly disappointed with the hip-hop band playing (not zen like).. Not Taos Solar Music Fest. like either from what I gather from regulars- D and i decided to check out some shops downtown and ran smack into a coffee/ice cream place w/ live music. I have to admit the ice cream was what lured me in! Lavender ice cream is to die for! The music was an added bonus. We ended up chilling there and buying Josh Parson's (might have to update the spelling of his last name) CD! I have turned into a fan! Due to a nice convo with him about his music/life/ and when he will be in the springs, we figured we better head back to watch Collective Soul at the festival and get our money's worth!
Collective Soul was good, but not Taos--- the lead was swinging the mic around in a 90's style way and it just did not fit with the dancing hippies at the edge of the stage, nor the behind the stage stick figure scenery!
Sunday- a relaxing day, bfast with the entire crew, then D and I headed out to Taos Ski Valley for a 4 mile hike to lake Williams!! BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL! The hike was well worth it. We completed our weekend with a 4 hour drive back to the springs, partially through a hail storm! It was crazy!!!!
I will post pictures soon!
As for the Taos Solar Music Fest. Line-Up (which we didn't see much of) here it is:
Concepto Tambor
Bone Orchard
Sharon Gilchrist
Hal Ketchum
BoDeans
Michael Hearne
TajWeekes&Adowa
Pacifika
Robert Mirabal
The Coup
Collective Soul
The Random Family String Band
Liz Painter Band
Tribal Songs with Taos Pueblo Singers
Don Richmond
Passafire
Allison Moorer
Plena Libre
Steve Earle
Susan Tedeschi
Melissa Crabtree
Salsa w/ Rigo Berta
No comments:
Post a Comment