Good Day Mates-
oh wait, I'm not in Australia! Well I'm sitting at a fun little coffee shop/cafe in Tucson, AZ! It is absolutely beautiful out- about 75-80 degrees! Its been a nice fun break from the cold! Even enough for me to dabble with the idea of moving down here for a year or so. I'm waiting for D to finish is ride now. I'm bummed because I didn't conquer Mt. Lemen but I've done some long rides this week, longer than I ever have and... my body, my knees more specifically were just screaming at me on the way down- I can't complain though- I got a good 2:15 minutes in.
So here is the week run down: (I will post pictures later as the Camera is currently with D).
Monday- 80 mile ride to the small town of Mammoth and back (one 12 mile hill at 6-9% grade)
Tuesday- WRECK but still managed to finish a 75 mile ride- fairly flat through Saguaro (http://www.nps.gov/sagu/) some small poppers but nothing serious. Lots of taxing in the group.
Wednesday- 60 mile ride to and up Kitt Peak (http://www.noao.edu/)
Thursday- 80 mile flat ride through and around Tucson (best days on the road) Happy New Year!
Friday- 40 mile ride, up Mt. Lemen and back through the neighborhoods where we are staying. Nice chill pace- the knee caps were blown apart..
okay friends are here to join so i'm signing off!
No comments:
Post a Comment