spring has sprung

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hi everyone... oh this thing is annoying me already.. I'm not sure why it is underlining and I can't get it to quit! eekkk..
oh well..




Anyway, yay it stopped! I'm sorry it has been ages since i've posted and right now i'm once again procrastinating on school work! One month to go and classes will be over! another semester down. I'll only have one class to finish up in the fall--isn't that exciting :) So where did I leave off on my last post--so much has happened and so little at the same time! hmmmm

My parents visit:
ma mere and ma pere came out the end of may to visit and brought our wonderful dog.. We had a great time but go figure--it rained everyday they were here. We took them up to rocky mtn. national park (pic above) and low and behold, it snowed A LOT.. who knew the end of may?? Nonetheless, it was a great visit!

Classes: classes started the week after they left and completely consumed me.. no fun blah blah blah. So not much to report there except it is almost over :)

the Accident:
Poor D! he went down on his road bike and broke his tib/fib in his shin.. OUCH! it has made me a little more leery of descending now! yikes.. However, he is doing great and has a great attitude even though I know sometimes he gets really bored. We spent about two days in the emergency room and it resulted in four pins and a plate put in right above his ankle. He will go back in a few weeks to get one of the pins removed. hang in there, it will get better:) he'll be a rock star on the hand orgometer (have absolutely no clue how to spell?) by the end of this..

Val and Gordo:
two of my friends from college came out for a PT conference and we got to spend an evening with them- bbq down here at our place in the springs and then bfast in the morning.. do all social events revolve around eating?? I guess most of them do for me now.. But it was great to get to see them. I hadn't seen either of them since college--whoah ages ago.. I'm just now realizing I never got the camera out and took any pictures--man i've been slacking on that lately.. booohooo to me.. fun times though! Unfortunately, they were out the during my hell week, 8am-8pm classes in denver.. that kicked my butt just a little.. so we didn't get to do as much sight seeing as we would have liked with them..

school school school and more school!

Duathlon- i entered my second duathlon and finished three minutes faster (1 hour 41 minutes)!! yay! My time improved on both of my run sections which is really exciting.. guess my marathon training, although has been slow, it is surely paying off.. however, i increased my time by a minute and 20 seconds on the bike---ggrrrr. I guess that isn't too shabby since i had only been on my bike 4-5 times since the last one in may! eeekkkk.. Overall, I finished 6th in my age range :) fun stuff!!! I don't know why i love to putt my body through almost 2 hours of rigorous workout but its fun..

okay so..i'm going to clean the house and get back to work!

one more month then i start work--wow a consistent real job! scary!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh my god, girl!!!! please tell him to get better sooon!!!! thats horrible!

congrats on the duathalon (sp?) and school and everything you do, you are so motivated and determined and strong, im so proud of you!

when are you coming to dallas to visit me?!