So on my way home from helping my aunt unpack today... I found myself on the highway in the obnoxious rain storm that brought me and all the other cars on the highway to a halt. Not to mention, causing a four car accident. I drove not even 5 more minutes and was right back out of the storm. The springs was sunny and warm when I got home. So I changed my shoes, grabbed the dog leash, and the dog and I headed out for a nice 3 1/2 mile jog.. About a 1/2 mile in I thought I felt a sprinkle, then all of a sudden downpour, thunder, and lightening practically on top of us. Unfortunately, our 3 1/2 mile jog was cut short at 1.85 miles (that is only because of the thunder and lightening). It has been so long since I have run in the rain and it felt amazing!:)
When i started my legs felt their usual as of late- dead and tired. As soon as the rain started I felt like I would be able to hold a 6:30 min. pace for ever. I had a blast jumping over puddles etc. Now those are the times I like to remember.
I can't wait to be back in NY... Less than a week and I get to see all my lovelies from home!
It will be a packed trip per usual. I have my family to spend time with, I get to hang with Heath and Ellie on Heath's big porch for lunch and cocktails--oh did I mention it overlooks Seneca lake (awwhhh water). I've got plans for a wine tour :) Always super fun and fancy :) I've got a wedding shower! Of course I cannot go home in the summer w/o hitting up the waterfront. I will bless you with pics soon---and probably whine about having to leave the lake front but Colorado isn't a bad place either and.....year round has much more to offer.
Let the good times roll!
No comments:
Post a Comment