spring has sprung

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Barkin' Dog Duathlon

Hi Hi Hi...

So i'm feeling great right now. Today was my first ever duathlon.

I was out of bed this morning at 4:45 and on the road heading to denver by 5:15am! I thought "what am i doing?"....

I had no clue what I was suppose to do, nor even knew how to hang my bike on the rack at the transition station but by watching everyone else and acting like a pro that had done it 100x i survived! yay!

The duathlon consisted of a 3 mile run, 18 mile bike, 3 mile run. I ran my first 3 miles at a pace of 7:55--not too shabby--I'm getting there. It took my legs the first mile to warm up that is for sure! I then frantically changed my shoes, threw on my helmet and jumped on my bike..ran my bike to the line in cycling shoes and jumped on.. The three mile run was a GREAT warm-up for my legs on the bike.. I felt great! I passed a ton of people, and no-one passed me! yay! I didn't see a single girl in sight, I was flying high! Then...... I put on my running shoes and tried to run and... my legs did not want to go... so a lot of the people I passed ran passed me at that point! haha

I had a great day and feel soooo good! if anyone has any inclination to try one i'd highly recommend it.... I won't say it isn't hard but challenging is fun...

Heath

No comments: