Let me start with Happy St. Patrick's Day! Daniel and I sit here quietly at a coffee shop enjoying watching the festivities outside!
Has spring sprung? This entire week we've been in the 60s, the countdown to summer is on, the sun is shining, and my eyes are itchy, burning, red followed with a stuffy/runny nose and people asking me if I have pink eye or am sick. My body is adjusting to running in warm weather and I am longing for my bike.... Yep, sounds like spring! Who is excited? I am!
This past month has been full of exciting events and challenges. I married my best friend on February 24th! Needless to say, if you haven't heard the wedding story-its a bit of organized chaos! I had everything in boxes, everything set up, ppt with pictures made....I was determined this was going to go as smooth as possible. Lesson learned: weddings don't usually go as planned or "smooth" in that manner. However, they somehow have a way of turning out just perfect :) Daniel's mom called him almost everyday the week prior to the wedding, worrying about the weather-- no big deal! As the day grew closer, I was more and more confident everything was going to go "just as planned." Family started arriving on Wed. The weather was perfect. I got the phone call stating everyone was in Denver--whew they made it and I was asking myself "why the heck am I at work?" I get to work my whole life and my family is in the state. I proceeded to go into the next meeting without my phone as I was starting to throw a little pitty party for myself and torn between the "good employee" and the "I want my life to be filled with time around my loved ones and people that care about me." Then....My beloved grandmother fell upon her arrival at DIA: broken hip.... I rushed home from work in an attempt to get to the hospital that evening....heck all I had wanted was both my grandmothers to be there. I picked up my dress early, I text the flower lady to see if I come get the flowers early cause I wanted to get to denver.... I had all the boxes labeled, I was sure Daniel could pack up and get all the stuff needed. The "flower lady" called:
"Your wedding is on the 24...!!??"
Me: "We are in the mountains you stated you'd deliver on the 22nd."
Flower Lady: "I haven't even started your order!"
Me: "I'm at the bank, trying to get to Denver...I'll call you later." As I started to chuckle (a creepy, hysterical one)... Deep breaths...bank, home, talk with Daniel, get to Denver.
7:00pm- guests arrive at our house, I'm less than welcoming.. I've been crying about my grandmother for an hour... and asking "why?" I didn't want her to miss it!
7:30pm- High wind advisories- I'm driving Daniel's truck.. No Denver
we'll just jump to Thursday morning (one day before the wedding).
5am- Daniel and I are up, sleepy eyed and brewing coffee
6am- truck packed and we are on the road- almost all schools in the area are closed. Snow is coming down in buckets, wet snow, highway is a mess.
12:00 NOON- we arrive in Denver. Yes, 4 hours! But I get to see my grandma just before she enters surgery- thank God!
Pass over Berthoud Closed....shortly after that I-70 west of Denver, guess? CLOSED! Our guest that have flown in are stuck in Denver. Everyone heads to Colorado Mills Mall and waits. Daniel, my mom and stay at hospital- roads closed are a silent blessing - I didn't want to leave the hospital until Grandma was out of surgery and with all the roads closed- it made that a very easy and comfortable decision!!! Thank God!
At this point, wedding rehearsal is canceled, dinner moved back 2 hours..... Weather is cold, blowing wind/snow, cold, grey sky, did I mention, COLD?... And really I'm not stressing about it.
Friday...Wedding Day.... Went Great! Several things didn't go great, but honestly, Grandma was out of surgery, all went well and it put it all into perspective. Daniel and I would get married, no matter all the challenges! The skies cleared, blue, fairly warm and we went to the top!
Awwhhh.. See it was beautiful! Still wish Grandma could have joined us but her health is most important by far!
Then my birthday! Being treated with a honeymoon to Antigua!
We'll get to the job next! Future is bright and I am happy! Enough for tonight though, I'm exhausted and it is way past my bedtime. Good Night! Not to mention, there are some really entertaining people watching to wrap this evening- Happy St. Patty's Day!




No comments:
Post a Comment