spring has sprung

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yep, I'm gonna get hit!!!

so never explained my first title- pedestrians do not have right aways. Today, I attempted to cross the road on a red light- but the person making the right hand turn certianly must have thought this was completely unacceptable, as they sped up and missed me by a few inches. Now, it was a little old lady, I'd like to give her the excuse that she couldn't see BUT with my experience a few days ago- I'm guessing that is highly unlikely!!!



Well I am still alive.. So my trip in the mountains was lovely. I was able to see some of the "real" cultural villages- pictures attached. These really intrigue me. I also was able to walk through a tourist cultural museum- which was very entertaining. I love learning about the way people live outside of the United States! You will see a photo of me dressed in Bosotho female attire- 4-5 layers.. Yikes.. I have several pictures that are just kind of comical- the sign above the toilet and the locked frig (aparthied in full effect), and a locked toilet paper roll.



I am definintely enjoying my stay however have to admit, everything is LOCKED!!! gates, fences, wires, bars, keys. I hardly think I could do that.. I def. enjoy leaving my door open and letting the spring air flow in our the cool autumn breeze bit me to wake me up or the summer warmth overtake our house....



The couple I am staying with are lovely and so accommodating. James and Caz, have run me from one side of the city to another. I don't miss my car but do feel like i'm a pest having to have people lug me around.



Attached are also some pictures from an old battle ground- quite interesting! And rock writing that dated back to 1890- can't believe it is still there! The Drakensberg mountains were lovely, reminded me somewhat of Grand Junction- except the mountain range was much much longer. Saw some mountain bikes and reminded me of home

No comments: