I can't blog long.. my dog hates me and I don't blame him. I've been sitting at this computer for..oh.. since 10am when the dog and I got back from a walk.. YUCK it is 3:15pm. I've got to take him back out again, run to kinkos to scan my final documents (man do I wish I had a scanner here), one more summary and then just tweaking. I was hoping to get to denver today to hand this damn thing in but guess what.. didn't happen.
I'm not sure if it is portfolio sucking all my energy, home, lacrosse, work, or what.. I just don't know anymore but I don't like it. Not to mention I have this cold, that I had three weeks ago--it went away but my asthmatic symptoms lingered, now sore throat and stuffiness is back.. I usually shake things quickly and keep them from creeping back up but I think it is just a sign that I'm torn down..
Another friend of mine got married- three engaged and doing down this summer... I'm sure plenty more to come.. I'm so happy for them! :) Makes me really miss my friends from college and home LOTS!
What else.. Colorado Springs is wonderful. After my portfolio is handed in i'm gearing up for some training and kicking my ass back in gear--yes, I gained a total of 7 pounds this winter and I'm not in the slightest happy about it. I know pounds don't matter but when my clothes start to get tight it just angers me!
What else.. Graduation is about a month away and I just got news today that my grandmas and mom are coming out. I'm so happy. I can't wait for them to come!
Oh yeah and I forgot to mention. My grandfather's doctor has suggested he doesn't need chemo anymore! hurray! I don't think I blogged about this this year, it was too emotional. Anyway- my dear grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer this past fall.. man is he tough as nails. I admire him for his strength for sure! I am just so happy over the news.. they will continue to monitor but if you have ever watched anyone near and dear to you go through radiation and chemo it sucks!... I have a new admiration for anyone who goes through the treatment! So i'm heading on an overly happy note because now his strength will come back and and no one deserves that more than my gramps!
I need a vacation! Somewhere warm, with beaches, away from everything.. i just want to get up walk out go run, lay in the sun, play in the water etc......
4 comments:
You know Heather...it just dawned on me...I don't know why it happened now and not before, but Bobby and I and Jessica Large and her boyfriend Sang-woo are coming out to Denver next weekend...we are staying with Amy and John at John's parents place. I would love to see ya and I'd love for you to meet Bobby. Do you have plans already or could we make this work.
I know its not a sunny beach, but hey friends are always good for when you are feeling kinda tired and need to laugh and enjoy myself.
Anyway just throwing that out there!
So glad to hear that your grandpa is doing better. Lung cancer is so tough. I used to work for Cancer Treatment Centers of America...and I have met a couple patients with Lung Cancer...that's so scary stuff that chemo! I'm sure your grandpa is a trooper...so good to hear they chemo part might be ending. yay!
In terms of pounds, I've been trying really hard to lose the last 10 of the 20 i've gained since college and somehow I've come to a road block...I'm still working out but I'm probably doing too much of the same and getting a little burnt out from doing the elliptical everyday. I'm seriously antsy to see Spring arrive and see some sunshine.
I'll be so happy when I can ride my bike to work again.
Anyway sorry if I've been rambling...hope we can see you this coming weekend. Would be an awesome reunion!
i think this editor screwed up my typing - either that or i made some serious typos. haha! hopefully it all makes sense.
Hey Shels,
Thanks for the offer.. I am assuming you are in Colorado now.. I've been in NY for the past week- as you can tell on my latest blog.. so unfortunately, we missed each other boo, that would have been fun.
Anyway please give me a holler next time you are out this way.
I'm so sorry heather!! :( hugs*
Post a Comment