I feel like the spicy jazzy color orange tonight, as I settle into bed and hope to fall off to sleep quickly. Things are good, but busy. As you can tell, my blog has been neglected this year, as have many things...life balance between work and play, my friends, my workouts...etc. Sorry, I just cannot put any more hours/minutes in front of my computer as I do during the day and then the tireless hours I rack up working on my portfolio for my graduate work--one big hell of a happy dance in April is on its way I tell you.
I sitting here staring at the feng shui candles on my dresser wondering if they really work. I've got a nice warm dog laying on my shoulder... man who ever referred to the dog as man's best friend wasn't kidding--this guy really keeps me going... He is great! So happy, so friendly, and always there for me! I love it...
Anyway, graduate work is almost done and I cannot wait.. Soon, I will be a successful independent graduate!! Four long years, completed. The final happy day is May 17th, 2008! I have been persuaded to walk for graduation and ya know what, I'm glad I was talked into it. After four long years of piecing odd-end jobs together, or, as of late working one job full time and attending school at night, or driving over an hour to attend school after working all day--I should walk! Prance right across that stage and thank the person handing me that expensive piece of paper!
Feng Shui...Wood, Fire, Metal, Water... Earth is my best element and my best direction is north-east...awwhh where I was born and raised! looks like I should burn the earth candle while it is facing north-east! got it! Feng Shui creative order all the way-- Earth contains metal, metal can be melted to flow like water, water enables wood to grow, wood feeds fire, fire burns to create ash or earth and the cycle continues again.
Okay 9:30, I'm hitting up core power at 8:00am after I take the dog for a little morning jog. I love waking up to his happy little tongue and tail as he jumps up on our bed and sends his message "get up!" I just wish I was full of energy like he has.. He hasn't been so happy with me lately because I haven't had the time to really get him out..just little bits here and there. I was doing well until I got sick with two a.m. runs a week and two lifts a week.. getting on my bike has been difficult and frustrating! eek... I want to and I really wanted to put time in on the trainer this winter-month of January intentions started out all good and I was right on scheduled track but that has faltered.
My lacrosse team rocked today--the girls played so well, I'm so proud of them won 4 out of 5 scrimmages--that isn't too shabby! We are going to be in good shape this year for sure... Anyway, its time to get back to my portfolio..
4 comments:
wow girl you DO have a lot going on! Sounds like a lot of things to manage mentally and physically - it's tough with full time work, school, hobbies and a social life! You're a busy yet passionate person and that's what everyone loves about you.
I bet it will be great to get done in april...what all do you have to do in preparation for your portfolio? I assume thats atleast somewhat cool because its bringing forth a sense of accomplishment.
You're probably like oh god shut up and stop being overly positive but I really do commend you for your dedication. Just a few more months!
And tell your doggy hello! I love my cats they are my best buddies too, they follow me around and wake me up in the morning too...they're like my kids. I love it! haha.
Anyway I'm totally rambling but good luck with everything...I'll be back to check your blog soon!
Hey Shells!!
You are so inspiring and validating..I need more of that around here! Thank you!
I think my dog does hate me now... Hopefully, he and I will have sometime to go play soon!
How are you? How is life? Yes, graduate school is almost over. Just finishing up the brunt of it.. seriously, I think higher degrees are just a matter of how much you can endure honestly! oh well..
okay i'm going to post again when I'm chipper and full of life! should be soon when things stop sucking it out of me..
I need to come visit you in chicago! Maybe a weekend getaway..just what I need!
miss ya girlie!
Hey girlie! so glad to see you wrote back, i was wonderin if you saw my message! :)
You are more than welcome to come see me in chicago...we can hang out in my neighborhood and have a beer or we could go to the lake or we could just hang out at a coffee shop and talk....I swear I'm so behind with us! Sorry about that! I guess life gets crazy doesn't it?
Grad school was tough for me too...but then again it was art and design, somehow that doesn't seem as hard as what you're doing.
I want to hear all about your biking...I saw some pics of you...looks like you are a serious biker now...am I losing it or did you recently get into that?? cool!
well i'm gonna go read your other post. see u there! haha. love, shells
Hey girlie,
no your not losing it, it is fairly new--about two summers ago when Daniel moved out.. BUT i'd have to say i am anywhere from serious.. speaking of, I haven't been on my bike in months.. life just took over but i hope to jump back on this summer and do some racing..
Post a Comment